Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Red Snowflakes

Originally I was going to make a white tag with a red snowflake because the wrapping paper is red with white snowflakes.  But then I saw Laura  Pryor's tag on day 13 at the In My Creative Opinion blog.  That inspired this tag  using the negative cut as a focal.

The white tag is cut with a Silhoutte. After cutting out a snowflake, I ran the red piece through the Cuttlebug using a MFT Stitched Rectangle.  It was too long so I partially cut again. That worked great.
It was good to use one of these big gems.  They are so thick, I don't like using them on cards that need to go through the postal system.   Also used a few sequins too - always a fun embellishment.

Challenges:
In My Creative Opinion 25 days of tags
Simon Monday - three (sequins)
Die Cuttin Divas - anything
Dies R Us - tags
C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas
Word Art Wednesday - anything 
Sweet Stampin - Christmas 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas tag thanks for sharing at Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quick and clever tag! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘TAGS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty tag! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' where our challenge is Anything Goes with Christmas. --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Christmas tag. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
    Kathy DRU DT A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I'm late, but so glad I made it to see your very elegant Christmas tag. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Hope you come back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any time I see bright red and white I think Christmas! Love your festive tag!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look nice, and now you have a red snowflake to use elsewhere! Beautiful tag. Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas for our Anything Goes challenge!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty tag and I love the colour combination, really nice! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete