Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Back Into Routine, I Hope

April 17.  That was my last post.  That is FIVE months!  How can that be possible?  As I said in my April 13 post, it was time for changes; changes to and in my house.  We gutted out and painted 6 rooms in our house, moved my craft room into a (previously) toy room, moved the toy room into a bedroom, made two bedrooms into an apartment of sorts for my mom.  That was hard work.  Harder still was the transition of having my mom live with us.  But I will spare you those details.

I miss my old craft room.  I have missed making cards and posting on the blog.  I have missed reading your blogs and commenting.  But hopefully, I will now be able to be creative again and get back into the world of crafts.

In these five months of my absence, I have made only nine cards (for family birthdays and anniversaries).  In past years, I averaged 40 a month.  So getting back into the swing of things has actually been like being a beginner again.  Mojo is still keeping a distance.  I can't find it just like I can't find other craft items hiding in new places in this "foreign" room.
This first card I made for my DIL's birthday then went on to make more cards - single layer ones.  I am hoping to make sets of cards to give away as gifts.  Plastic gift boxes are on order.  I will post a pic sometime before Christmas on the finished products.  But for now:
The flowers are Doodle Pantry digital images.  I wanted to do my own coloring but after several attempts, I printed up pre-colored flowers.  The sentiment is stamped. 
This idea was a CASE of Ellen's card. Can you believe her gorgeous coloring?

Here is another card, single layer, with sequins and embossed lines:
and another one without sequins but with the embossed lines and a different sentiment:





(Oh, my goodness.  It has been so long since my last blog post, I couldn't even rely on my "auto pilot" mode!! Wow.  It doesn't take long to forget how to do things!)

Thanks for looking.  It is good to be back.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Scorepal - more than one score; cards and more cards
Simon Says Work It Wednesday - use stamp
Stamploration CAS - use pink
Simon Wednesday - CAS
Sugar Pea Design - photo inspiration

Doodle Pantry Ants in My Pantry - anything

8 comments:

  1. The vibrant colors and sweet flowers create a gorgeous card! Congratulations on your remodeling work and on the opportunity to be back in your craft room. This card will be a blessing. Thanks for sharing at WAW this week.
    Christine
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really lovely. Thanks for playing along with the Scor-Pal More Than One Score challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All really lovely, those flowers are so pretty! Thank for for sharing with us at the SugarPea Mix It Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Marsha! They are all so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marsha! First, let me say that I really miss you. It's always hard when you're on a DT with someone, and that's no longer. So, please know that I think of you. Your card is beautiful, and I'm always SO very grateful to have you share your art with us. Thanks so much, and have a great week.
    Hugs to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. Don't forget about CropStop - I'd love to haveyou play along there as well.
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Marsha! I LOVE your card. Thanks for joining AIMPDC#21 hope to see you again and good luck! Dawn Doodle Pantry DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card, the flowers look so so pretty. It would be fantastic if you shared this creation at Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so so pretty!!! The coloring is jaw droppingly awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete