Saturday, July 11, 2015

Time for Refreshment

What a busy summer.  Hubby and I have been working like crazy on our yard and property after years of neglect.  We have had children and grandchildren staying with us since the last few days of June and will have someone here every day until the 21st of July. (different guests but constant).  I am already tired - mostly tired of cooking and cleaning!  And I miss the quiet and alone time.  One thing I have missed is my mornings out on the deck with just my coffee, Scripture, and God. 
I made a few cards (before the madness hit), with the intention of sending them to some people struggling with health and financial needs.  I never got around to writing inside and therefore never sent them.  As I was straightening up my office, I saw them and it was such a good reminder to me to be still (which can be translated from the original language to "relax") and know that I am God. Even in the busyness of the days, it is good to just be still, at least for a bit, and relish in the goodness of God and His blessings.
Each card is a bit different with different Copic colors,  Stickles, and cardstock.  Not sure which one I like the best.



The verse is digital.  The image is a Stampin Up stamp.   I used Tim Holz Tumbled Glass distress ink on the edges of each.

Challenges:
Pile It On - hot fun in the sun
Papertakes - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Time Out - nature
Without Words - blue and brown
Simon Says Work It Wednesday - anything that refreshes
Crop Stop - anything 

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful trio and perfect Summer card and link to nature. Thanks so much for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards! I love the coloring! So glad you were able to take a few minutes to join in the the challenge this week! Company can be overwhelming but the memories your making will be there forever ;) Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL job on this, Marsha. I am not good at coloring images at all. Thanks so much for sharing withus,
    Karen
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete