Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's Hot Wednesday - Kraft Tags

Valentines Day is less than a month away.  I have a good start on them but have quite a few yet to make.

It is only recently that I started using tags on cards but with all the wonderful kind of tags at the Kraft Outlet, my love of them is growing.  Besides the Grunge Stained Tags that I have used recently, I took a try with the Small Kraft Shipping Tags.  What fun.
Keeping it simple, I edged one by using a border punch.  I also cut a heart out of the middle of the tag with a Cuttlebug die.  By removing the outer layer of the heart, I was able to let the red cardstock backing show through.
For this tag, I went with a musical theme, putting a piece of Music Washi Tape on the edge of the tag and then gluing on a note (another Cuttlebug die) in the center of the tag.
The top of both tags are tied with Natural Hemp Cord and Baker's Twine.

The third tag is the first of the three to be used on a card.  The lips are a fussy cut digital image by Doodle Pantry. After using a decorative scissors on the bottom of the tag, I glued on a piece of red cardstock on the back.  See the heart in the right hand corner?  It is the left over piece from the first tag.
The Kraft layer between the patterned paper and the card base is Light Kraft Cardstock.
Are you ready to play with some Small Kraft Tags?  You can find them and many more fun tags at the Kraft Outlet.
There are a few more days to play the challenge at the Kraft Journal.  The challenge this week is Anything Winter.  Hope to see your entry there.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Paper Creators - anything
NBUS - anything new (new Kraft tags)
Simon Wednesday - have a heart


5 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun card for Valentine's Day, Marsha! Someone will really enjoy finding this one in their mailbox! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Have a Heart" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tags. I always forget to use tags on cards...must put this on my to do list...smile...Because your tag card turned out so nice...

    I like your blog background...every-time I see it, "I think, I should look for something like that for mine...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating in our 167th AG challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. I hope we will see you back again really soon.
    Blessings,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made a couple of really adorable tags, Marsha, and your MWAH tag Valentine card is sizzling hot!! I love the ribbon treatment and the fun paper!! Excellent use of the positive heart from the tag!!

    I'm so happy you found me and my NBUS Challenge #3! Thank you for linking there! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to introduce you in my New Friends Corner, so please pop back to my blog and join me as a follower on my side bar, too! Have a great day!! (I'm so jealous that you have all those grands!!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card and fun tags!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete