Monday, January 5, 2015

Family Thank You

When our children were young, we encouraged them (okay, insisted !) to write notes of thanks to grandparents for Christmas presents they received.  And now I write thank you notes to my children for gifts I receive from them.  But more than that, I thank each of them for coming to the family Christmas gathering.  One of our sons drove 4 hours with a 8 year old, 18 month old, and an 8 month pregnant wife.  They definitely need a thank you card. 
I was so fortunate to have 5 of our children plus their spouses and children.  This card reflects what I am feeling.
I started with Light Kraft Cardstock from the Kraft Outlet.  The top layer is Buff Ivory Text paper, also from the Kraft Outlet,  upon which I stamped the house and the sentiments.   I really like the linen texture of this paper.  Because it does have some texture, I was able to add a little color with colored pencils onto the image.
The family twill ribbon is from my stash and the green pearls are a new package by Want2Scrap.
The house and "so blessed" are Unity stamps.  "Thank you" is Verve.
 The DT at the Kraft Journal would love to see your Thank You cards this week.  The challenge starts to today and ends Sunday, Jan. 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment